Ladder Safety Training
Current legislation requires that any one working at height should be competent to do so and be trained in the equipment used to gain access. This ladder safety training course will ensure delegates have the knowledge and instruction to be able to use, select, maintain and inspect ladders and step ladders.
The ladder safety course is approx. 3½ hours and is a mixture theory (approx. 60%) and practical involving the inspection, selection, positioning, securing, use and storage of ladders (c 40%).
Ladder Safety Training Content;
- Why Ladder Accidents are Happening
- Main Causes of Accidents
- Ladder Safety
- Work at Heights Legislation Relating to the Use of Ladders
- Fundamental Principles: Ladder Types and Applications
- Ladder Classifications and Use Parameters
- Access Selection Considerations
- Pre-use Considerations, Including Positioning and Stability
- Effective Ladder Stabilising and Securing Methods
- How to Conduct an Effective Risk Assessment on Using a Ladder for a Job
- Good and Bad Practice, Including Best Practice
- Golden Rules for Safe Use of Ladders and Step Ladders
- Ladder Specific Height Safety Equipment Selection and Suitability
- Ladder Transportation
- Ladder Inspections and Associated Documentation
Accreditation and certification
Candidates take a multiple-choice questionnaire to confirm an understanding of the subject. Compliplus Limited Certificates of Attendance are supplied on completion of the Ladder Safety Course.
Each Ladder Safety course has a maximum of 10 participants.