Height Safety Training
The height safety training will give employees the knowledge to safely choose and inspect their personal height safety equipment.
The online Height Safety training course is designed for those who intend to work at height using temporary fall restraint and fall arrest equipment / systems of work. On completion of the height safety course, employees should be able to safely inspect their own personal height safety equipment, i.e. harness, lanyard, inertia reel, karabiner, put the height safety equipment on correctly, attach it to an appropriate anchor point and use it correctly. Contact us today to arrange
The online height safety course content includes.
- Height Safety Introduction
- The Legislation and associated Codes of Practice
- Reasons for Working Safely at Height
- Fall Protection Hierarchy
- Fall Protection Equipment Standards & Inspection
- Fall Protection Components
- Methods for Working Safely at Heights
- Fall Risks and Rescue Plans
- Putting on a Harness
- Pre-Use Inspection
- Equipment Maintenance and Care
Classroom MEWP & Working at Height Course
The Safety, Health, and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007 to 2016, Part 4:
Work at Heights outlines how to work at height activities must be managed and conducted
Work at height means working in a place (except a staircase in a permanent workplace) where a person could be injured by falling from it, even if it is at or below ground level.This can be anything from the first rung on a ladder to working on a roof.
The Regulations also require employers and the self-employed to ensure that:
- All work at height is properly planned, organised, supervised and carried out.
- The place where work at height is done is safe.
- All work at height takes account of weather conditions.
- Those involved in work at height are instructed and trained.
- Equipment for work at height is appropriately inspected.
- The risks from fragile surfaces are properly controlled.
- Injury from falling objects is prevented.
The key points associates with the legislation are as follows;
- Practical test on inspection, putting on and using height safety equipment
- Written test
A Height Safety Certifications is valid for 3 years.