Chemical & Hazardous Substances Safety Course
Safely managing chemicals and hazardous substances in your workplace is good for business and is good for everyone.
The benefits of this course:
- It will improve the health and safety of employees
- It can potentially introduce cost savings, through more effective work practices such as correct storage, handling, use and disposal procedures
- It can help reduce harm to the environment
This course is designed to give you an overview of how chemical and hazardous substances can be effectively managed in the workplace so as to reduce risk to people and the environment.
By successfully completing this chemical safety at work course you will be able to:
- Identify chemicals and hazardous substances.
- Determine the health impacts of exposure to chemicals and Hazardous Substances.
- Interpret information from Safety Data Sheets known as SDS.
- How to conduct a chemical or substance risk assessment.
- Identify relevant Personal Protective Equipment that is required when working with chemicals and Hazardous Substances.
- How to correctly store and dispose of chemicals and Hazardous Substances.
- How to deal with chemical and hazardous substance spills.
- Identify the emergency plans that are required when working with chemicals and hazardous substances.