Fire Warden Training
The Fire Warden training course is designed to provide the specialised knowledge and training required for a person to be able to carry out the duties of Fire Warden in the event of an emergency or Fire.
It will raise fire awareness concerning the management and behaviour of people in a range of emergency evacuation situations and the necessary actions to be taken before – during and after an incident.
It will detail specific duties such as designated areas, who to report to, evacuating people with limited mobility, etc. The onus will be on prevention always being better than the “cure”.
At the end of the Fire Warden training course, delegates will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the fire safety arrangements that are built into your workplace
- Recognise the hazards and the threat posed by fire to people, property and jobs
- Explain why it is essential that fire emergency procedures are implemented and monitored on a daily basis
- Follow the communication process associated with the role of Fire Marshal & Fire Warden
- Identify the duties of Fire Marshals & Fire Wardens
- Demonstrate the ability to complete checklists and administration associated with the role of Fire Marshal & Fire Warden
- Distinguish between the different types of extinguishers and their limitations and the fires for which they are suited
- Demonstrate an understanding of the nature and behaviour of fire
- Provide assistance and information to staff and visitors during fire drills and emergency evacuations
A simulated fire demonstration is available as part of this course. If required, we can also provide a live fire demonstration. It is subject to an appropriate area being made available to carry out the demonstration and safe weather conditions (excessive wind and/or rain will result in the demonstration being cancelled). During the live fire demonstration, delegates will be given the opportunity to use an extinguisher to extinguish the fire.
Compliplus will request documents relating to you fire safety procedures for inclusion in the course, i.e. Emergency procedures, evacuation plan, evacuation checklist, etc.
The Fire Warden course has a maximum of 12 participants.
Accreditation and certification
Candidates take a multiple-choice questionnaire. Compliplus Limited Certificates of Attendance are supplied on completion of the Fire Warden course.